Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Story

Hello All!

Welcome to Bride to Bee! This is my first ever blog post and I am so stoked!..even though I'm sure my mother will be the only one to read it. I suppose I'll devote this post to story-telling, which you should know is one of my very favorite things to do. Hmmm..where to start? The beginning would probably be best.

Super-Quick Recap of the Beginning
I met my fiance, Tommy, June 2007 right before my freshman year. We were introduced by a mutual friend on, and I'm wincing as I type this, AIM. Yes, it's lame but, hey, we were 14 and that's the way it went. Over the years we've had our ups and downs but it's always been me and him, ever since day one. He has become my very best friend and I can't imagine my life without him.

Baby Tommy  :)

Side note to youngsters: Results are not typical. There are creepers online and you should not for any reason talk to strangers on the computer.

The Proposal
October 1, 2010- Homecoming
Tommy and I have talked about getting married for quite a while by now. He says he's always known I was the one for him. Personally, I think he got the short end of the stick because that boy is waaaayyyy too good for me! But I'm not complaining! Anyway, I've always told him that if he were going to propose I wanted it to be public. I wanted everyone I cared about to be there plus some spectators. And that's exactly what he did.
It was the Homecoming alumni program, in which SGA and the Drama Club (I'm a member of both) pick a theme such as music, movies, tv shows, or dances and act out fads through the decades. This year we decided to do Dances Through the Decades. It started with the swinging twenties and only got better when our biggest football players reinacted a scene from Glee and danced to Single Ladies. My skit was at the very end; a human video to Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars for 2010. I was feeling pretty down about it because Ben and I hadn't practiced very much and Tommy had told me he wouldn't be there to watch because he had an interview for a new position at work. But then...well why don't I let you see for yourself.

Now Here We Are
I'm counting down the days until my December graduation (31 to be exact) and he's dying to be done with his first semester of college. Checking Facebook Marketplace every day for cheap things to furnish our rented house with and learning to save our tiny paychecks. Planningplanningplanning. Places, guest lists, music, cakes, dress, photographer, invitiations, yada, yada, yada... There's is more to do than we imagined! But with God's help we'll get it all done before July 7th, or that's the plan anyway! And if doesn't quite turn out exactly as we thought, well that'll be just fine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment