Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Baby, Tomorrow

Yes, this post is named after a Drew Holcomb & the Neighbors song.

Can you believe it? I hardly can! I'm feeling not at all like I expected to. I keep saying yes every time someone asks if I'm scared or nervous or excited because, truth be told, I am all of that, but only for fleeting moments. What's taken me by the most surprise is that for the past few days, it seems like I've been having an out-of-body experience. Like, I've been waiting for this day for months on end, but now that it's finally here, I feel like it's snuck up on me. It's all so surreal!

Don't get me wrong, I want to be Mrs. David Thomas Snow tomorrow (OMG! TOMORROW!) more than anything in the world, I just can't wrap my head around the idea that it's actually happening! Can I be this lucky? Can I really be this blessed?

Then I remember what Tommy told my mom a few years ago. He said that the summer we met he had been praying that God would send him the girl he would marry early so that I wouldn't have to go through all the complication and heartbreak of dating. Now, we had our share of heartbreak and complicated situations, but we've gone through them together and I think it's made us stronger as a couple.

Sometimes I have an oh-my-gracious-I'm-eighteen-and-still-a-baby freak out, but then I think about all the good times we'll have growing up and learning about the real world together. And when I can't think of anything to calm me down, I read a few posts from my favorite young-married-couple blog, Playing Grown-Up and it chills me.

I think what scares me more than anything is going straight from the shelter of my parents home, to being completely independent--with Tommy, of course. I don't know anything about anything! But I guess all the learning is just part of growing up! And I know Tom will be a wonderful husband and he will always take care of me, so really I shouldn't worry before there's a reason to. I'll strive to remember that no matter how scary things look to me, God is always in control and he loves me more than birds.
"Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?"
Matthew 6:26

Most importantly, tomorrow I will marry by best friend and the man of my dreams. I love him!

So that's what has been running through my head today. Lucky you got a glimpse! I'm going to get ready for rehearsal now! Tomorrow is the big day! Pray for us! Eeeeeeeeeeek

beautiful bride pic from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment