Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Venues and Ringtastrophes

Since school has been in I haven't gotten hardly any wedding planning done. I've got the whole living arrangements thing on lock, but the wedding is a completely different story. Back in October I went to look at the Robertson barn. I'd have seen barn weddings and thought they were beautiful, but the ones in the pictures were very rustic and this wasn't exactly what I'd had in mind. I'm on a super tight budget and I would have had to buy a million flowers to decorate. Have you seen the price of flowers lately?!?! It's outrageous! Especially since they'll just die in a few days! But I went ahead and booked the barn because I wasn't sure if I didn't like it or if I just wasn't in the mood to like it (I had appointment to see it only a few hours after finding out that my Pawpaw had passed away). Don't get me wrong, it was wonderful, just not the picture in my head. But then last Wednesday I went to view the Battle Friedmon and fell in love! It is PERFECT!!! It's classic and old and beautiful! And it is covered in FREE flowers! We're getting married under the gazebo which is shaded by a giant magnolia tree and roses cascade down the side. So I am offically getting married July 7th that the Battle Friedmon home! Yay!

I don't know if you've noticed, but Tommy picked me out a fabulous engagement ring all by himself. It's is my most valued material posession and I love it so much! I never take it off except for when I'm sleeping, but last Thursday I went to Peterbrook for the Ambassadors' Christmas Party and well...that was my first ringtastrophe. DUN DUN DUUUNNN! I had to take my rings off to put my gloves on and I was so preoccupied with gleefully eating my weight in melted milk chocolate that I left my rings in the apron pocket!! But lucky for me, the wonderful Caitlin Golden drove all the way back to Peterbrook to unlock the store and let me inside! Ain't she great?!

But that Sunday I had another ringtastrophe...I looked down at my ring and a diamond was MISSING!!! WHAT?!?! Yep right on the band there is a big black gap. It looks like a pulled tooth! Thank goodness Tom thought ahead and bought insurence! Last night I had to give the ring back...it's sad...and I'm back to wearing my promise ring for a while. Oh well...hopefully I'll be getting it back soon!

Needless to say, it's been an eventful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment