Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pity, party of one!

I've been throwing an on-going pity party for the last month or so. Guest of honor? Me, of course! It just seems like everyone else's wedding is falling into place so easily and quickly, but mine is creeping along and nothing is getting done! In my whiney-baby, pity-party mind, all the other girls are getting the best deals and finding the cutest stuff and I got nothin. I stress about the guest list about 95% of the time I'm awake. I'm terrified that it will rain, or worse, be sweltering. And why does everything cost so much?!? I even went so far as to cold-heartedly say, "weddings are a stupid waste of time" TO MY MOTHER! The woman who has done everything to make my day special. What is wrong with me?!?

You know what makes me even more jerkish? I have no reason what so ever to be worried. I have the most wonderful women in my life (Mommy and Sydney Baird, for example)  who have taken care of everything! The only thing I have to do is finalize decisions and get everything paid for. I guess I just don't like to take care of my own stuff so I just keep putting it off until I freak myself out. But after reading Emily's blog, I realized that every bride has meltdowns and difficulties, most worse than my petty worries, and life moves on. If it rains, we'll break out the umbrellas and rainboots; If it's too hot, well, we're Alabamians and we'll pull through!

At this time I would like to put an offical end to this party. I'm am changing my attitude for the better and making a point to remember that no matter how stressed I may be,
"all things work together for good to those who love God"
Romans 28:8

No comments:

Post a Comment