Wednesday, May 18, 2011

College Gal!

This blogger is offically Bama Bound!
I've told pretty much everyone already, but I wasn't actually supposed to. Oops!
If you remember, I mentioned a big, exciting blessing that I couldn't announce yet back in my Extra Good Good Friday post. That morning I got an email from my guidence counselor, Julia Fox, tell me that I had been picked to recieve the Eugenia Patton "Pat" Faucett Scholarship, which will pay for my tuition for four years as long as I can keep a B average!
I have hoped and prayed for this one all year and all I could do when she called is praise God! Then I ran around my house singing the fight song!

So it's offical, I will be attending UA in the fall (I'm in the Freshman 5 Bama Bound, June 13-14 with my pretty friend, Sydney) and it's all thanks to some very generous people on the scholarship board and my God who never fails to take care of me. When I can't see a way to pay for college, He shows me how simple He can make it.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

pic from here

No comments:

Post a Comment